Star of Sex and the City, Sarah Jessica-Parker has spoken out about reports that there was to be a new series of the popular television show.
The programmes producer, Darren Star, revealed this week that he was keen to get the show back on the small screen.
A source reportedly told the Mail on Sunday that “everyone is agreed a TV show is the direction they want to take the franchise in.
“Sarah Jessica Parker will be producing. She was worried about doing another film after the bad reaction to the Sex and the City 2 movie, but a TV show is definitely something she wants to happen.”
However, Jessica-Parker has other ideas, with her spokesperson telling Access Hollywood that rumours she was on-board were “completely false.”
Plans for a Sex and the City prequel have been put on hold for the moment too.
Selena Gomez, Blake Lively, Emma Roberts and Ashley Olsen have all been linked to the project, which is still in the pipeline.
Sarah Jessica-Parker has previously insisted that a third Sex and the City film could find box office success, despite the second film being widely panned by critics.
The actress previously told the Los Angeles Times:
“I would go back. I think there’s one more story to tell. I know there is.”